July 27, 2009

SOUND COLLAGE COMING YOUR WAY

The end of this residency is fast-approaching and I'm working on a sound collage based on audio that I've been collecting since May. I've got horns, bird songs, a multitude of sweet narratives left on the voicemail, the clickety-clack of the bridgeworks, and much much more. Details will follow, but mark your calendars for SEPTEMBER 12th, which will be the grand opening of this work!

Inspiration comes from every direction, but I was especially excited to learn that my childhood hero, Jim Henson, was also interested in found sound early in his career. Enjoy this piece titled "TimePiece" which was featured in the traveling Smithsonian Exhibition about Henson's life, open now at the EMP:


Jim Henson's Time Piece, 1965

No comments:

Post a Comment